Sunday, August 18, 2024

Interesting Collections.

 


                  1000 Record Covers Hardcover



For music fans the covers are the expression of a period, of a particular time in their lives. Many are works of art and have become as famous as the music they stand for—Andy Warhol's covers, for example, including the banana he designed for The Velvet Underground.
 
This edition of Record Covers presents a selection of the best rock album covers of the 60s to 90s from music archivist, disc jockey, journalist, and former record-publicity executive Michael Ochs’s enormous private collection. Both a trip down memory lane and a study in the evolution of cover art, this is a sweeping look at an underappreciated art form.

10 comments:

  1. I used to spend hours just looking at the album covers in the record store.

    - Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. To think I was in the local vinyl store twice last week just filling out the holes in my collection. We listened to some eclectic tunes yesterday afternoon from North African Funk to the Stones. The owners of the local vinyl store do not like Boomers or conservatives. Next vinyl store is 35 miles away in Columbus GA. Too far to drive for a record so I prick their sense of superiority while they hold their nose and take my money. A fair bargain to expose the hypocrisy of the blatant capitalism of owning and selling something at a profit.

    Spin

    ReplyDelete
  3. For many decades, I hauled around my middle-sized vinyl collection. After not having a turn table for quite a while, I purchased one and played many of my old records for about two years. I got tired of the process and stored them away once again. About 10 years ago, when my wife and I decided to move from PA to Colorado, we had a huge yard sale. I put my record collection up at "Your Choice $10." One fellow showed up and took the entire lot. If I had it to do all over again, I would probably have not sold them and brought them to Colorado and give them to my son-in-law, who collects old vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite an eclectic collection.I see the Joey Heatherton Album on the far right mixed in with a few Iron Maiden and Iron Butterfly discs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/b5/5f/02b55fe79ccc834053715a1724db907a.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Venus and Mars by Wings, my favorite for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, just got back from the record store & that was on the shelf. Got a few & got rid of a few albums. Have to go through them & see what he snuck in, last time was a damn cher album.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I helped my eclectic cartoonist roomie move his 45 collection of soul, etc, and it took several broomsticks.

    ReplyDelete