“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.”
Mom had one of those.. I can only remember pulling a helicopter trailer loaded with sod from Illinois to Ft Leonard Wood with it. ah, youth...
1950 ford f1
Noob, I thought it was a '49 (first year of 4x4), my dad had a chance to buy one for $500.00 in 1974 but we were too poor and he could not afford it. Damn nice looking truck.
My Granddad had a 2wd version of that very truck, but the '49 version in green, bought new in Valle Crucis NC.
Correction: Granddad bought the truck in Boone; they lived in Valle Crucis.
Yeah i was wondering if Mast General Store used to sell Ford trucks. 🙂
Good catch; I missed it at first because I think "everyone knows what I mean". Glad you know about the Mast General Store. If you look across the Watauga River from the store that's my granddad's place; the Churches owned the property adjacent to the road just across the bridge and granddad's place was along the river next to that Lots of ghosts up there for me. Thanks very much for the note.
Back in the day when basic 2-door Pick-Ups were for dirty, haul work not 4-door "I'm cool" status symbol monstrosities.
I long for the simplicity!
What a beautiful truck!
My grandfather had the 2wd version of the F2 that he drove till the mid 70's. It sat for a year or two until my cousin got it. He couldn't get the engine running and put a worked 302 with a granny gear 4 speed in it. He drove it 10+ years and sold it for a down payment on a new 7.3L Diesel F250 truck (non-turbo).
SIMPLISTIC and GREAT, BACK when a TRUCK was RIGHTEOUS...In MY MIND!
One could drop their gym membership driving this. Not a bad thing. It also has a factory installed theft prevention tool included. The transmission shift lever would stop 95% of would be joy riders. The second lever would confuse the other 5%.