Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Suddenly, Obama has decided to meet with Congressional Republicans over the budget.

But why?  He promised never to negotiate, and to back off from that "red line" would make him even more ridiculous than he already is.

Could it be this?

Or this?

Or maybe this?   That Republican idea of delaying Obamacare for a year might not be that bad of an idea after all.

Meanwhile, the heat behind the scenes must be building for Harry Reid to feel compelled to say this:


  "The Nevada Democrat also defended his role in fighting Republican attempts to water down Obamacare as a condition to keeping the government open, responding directly to a National Review piece that called him the “villain of villains.”
“When I read this yesterday, I thought, no one likes to be called a villain,” Reid said, reading aloud definitions of the word that mean “uncouth,” “scoundrel” or “criminal.” “I am not a criminal. I am not a scoundrel. So they better get a different definition of me.”
Hey Harry, remember Richard Nixon's iconic plea, "I am not a crook?"  He was a crook, and you are a criminal and a scoundrel.

2 comments:

  1. No. Han Solo is a scoundrel. I can't say anything that nice about Reed.

    Riley

    ReplyDelete