Saturday, April 4, 2020

A solid American, who knows his rights, his Constitution, and his job

Maine's Franklin County Sheriff Scott Nichols has a strong message for the Governor of Maine, Janet Mills, who issued "stay-at-home" orders with threats of police punishment if not followed. Sheriff Nichols issued a statement on the Franklin County Facebook page saying in no uncertain terms he will not follow the unconstitutional order.

"We will not be setting up a Police State. PERIOD," he wrote. "The Sheriff’s Office will not purposefully go out and stop vehicles because they are on the road or stop and ask why people are out and about. To do so puts our officers at risk. This is not Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia where you are asked for your papers!"

You said it, sheriff!

Nichols made it clear that he only intends to arrest for matters of law-breaking, and nothing else. Executive orders aren't laws. He finished his announcement with words of encouragement for his constituents: "Most of you are doing a fantastic job – we appreciate that! Please look out for one another, especially the elderly and shut-ins. Please be a good neighbor/citizen always showing compassion. Please be kind especially on social media, negativity online only adds to the stress people are currently experiencing."


7 comments:

  1. I do believe many politicians are over reacting, not for the good of the people, but to get their name in the news as doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I am out driving around, I'm just getting out of the house, because the house always looks the same, and I need to see something different to stay sane.

    I have an irrigation ditch running through the property. steep banks, filthy water. makes a good moat.I have to drive around the neighbors property to get to my firing range and off road track ( I think I got someone elses karma, and some poor unfortunate great guy got mine ). I can see getting hassled for using my perfectly legal per state law firing range just because I drove there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So there are others out there that have common sense. I was beginning to think all US elected officials were fools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All law enforcement everywhere need to take note of this response. It's an excellent reminder that we are a nation of laws, not of the whims of politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give any politician the opportunity to demonstrate their power and they'll do it to the hilt. I gibe you Virginia governor Ralph "Black Face" Northam as a prime example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live here in Penobscot county, just northwest of Franklin County.
    The Penobscot Sherriff Department went to the local Amish community threatening them with jail time and fines if they didn't close their school(s).
    The Amish schools consist of sessions held in the homes of the members.
    One young guy said he was concerned that there would be trouble if they had church services, which are held in homes on a rotating basis every other Sunday.
    I noticed that all the buggies went by my house at the appropriate time this morning (Sunday), so I guess they had their service.
    Don't know if they got hassled, as I'll have to wait till tomorrow to talk with them.
    This panic has exposed every scumbag politician to be the tin-pot dictator that they've always dreamed of being.
    TAKE NOTE, Patriots, of just who is responsible for these shenanigans and never forget.
    They need to be stripped of their power one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. People should do their own. If you pass upwind of me and are spreading"the bug", I get to reply with 7.62NATO. I thought you Libertarians believed in getting along. Great idea, since I am willing to shoot at those who put me or mine at risk. Remember that quaint thing about your liberty to swing your arm ends just shortof my nose. Or at about 300-500 yards with iron sights. Contagion, don't you know? Italian Rules; it is still a "Corona Death".

    ReplyDelete