Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Imagine the sound it made when it hit the ground.

Movers dropped and destroyed a grand piano worth an estimated $194,000

                       A hand made Fazioli, in good shape ..... for now.



The piano, a handmade Fazioli, belonged to Canadian virtuoso Angela Hewitt, whom CNN calls "one of the world's leading classical pianists." A heartbroken Hewitt announced the loss Sunday on Facebook, saying she'd been too shocked in the immediate aftermath of the incident 10 days prior to reveal what had happened. 

"At the end of my most recent CD recording sessions (Beethoven Variations in Berlin), when I was so happy with the results and feeling elated, the piano movers came into the control room (where I was finishing up with my producer) to say they had dropped my precious Fazioli concert grand piano. My very own that I have used for all of my CD recordings done in Europe since 2003 (and of course for many concerts)," she wrote.

Paolo Fazioli, the owner of Fazioli Pianos, declared the F278—the only one of that model in the world with four pedals—unsalvageable. "The iron frame is broken, as well as much else in the structure and action (not to mention the lid and other parts of the case)," Hewitt wrote. "It's kaputt.

"The movers in question will have their fingers broken, one at a time....bastardos!" screamed a red faced and sweating Fazioli.

Ok, I made that last part up, but he should have said it.

3 comments:

  1. She is indeed an amazing pianist.
    "...But now there is all the insurance saga (hopefully this won't take long), and then I can choose a new one in Sacile when Mr. Fazioli has three of them ready for me."

    Three???? $200K apiece??

    Here she is playing some Debussey on the -not dead, resting- Fazioli

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6r5LkBXhI&fbclid=IwAR2tVq1HpnwDr447vfdhUG3zvL3CBmVEZeoX6721ATDMegXXpTf4BMfkZJ8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of the destruction of valuable musical instruments, there's this:

    http://knuckledraggin.com/2020/02/but-did-he-get-groped-and-fondled-too/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would think that it would travel in a protective crate.

    ReplyDelete