Sunday, July 22, 2018

That fox is at it again.

So I'm on my way down to the barn this evening and just as I come around the corner I see that fox bound out from behind the barn and across my lower field.

He hadn't seen me, but it looked like he had something in his mouth.  I addressed him by saying, "Hey there Mr. Fox..," which caused him to increase speed, aim for and very athletically leap over the back fence into the field.

As of this minute, we still have all our cats and the one rooster.  Who knows about tomorrow?  Should I try and trap him, or live and let live?

7 comments:

  1. They mostly eat mice and moles unless the pickings get either too thin or too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where you see one, there is more. Trap or shot that fox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll go for the rooster eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out here in the forest it's coyote's, they have roughed up a couple dogs lately so we keep ours in at night. Or the deer eating the garden and the vineyard. Or the squirrel's eating the peaches and apples and plums and....you get it.

    However, as I am looking over the top of (fill in the blank here) I remind myself, THEY WERE HERE A LONG TIME BEFORE I GOT HERE! and I try to go easy on the the critters around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got coyotes too. On almost any night you can hear them yipping somewhere off in the distance. Don't ask Mrs. CW about the mountain lion she swears she saw here about a year after we moved in.

      Delete
    2. I definitely believe your Mrs. about the mountain lion. This one was spotted less than a mile from here:

      https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/mountain-lion-sebastopol-California-spotted-13046501.php

      Delete
  5. If it was a coyote, then I would say "go for the kill". But since it is a fox, it all depends on how much you value the cats and rooster.

    ReplyDelete