Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A liberal journalist gets red pilled.

"I’m used to partisan, inaccurate drivel from all sides these days, but the media’s coverage of President Trump’s tariffs and the so-called “trade war” takes some kind of cake."
"There’s no serious doubt that some in the media would absolutely love to tank the stock market. They figure that would hurt Trump’s re-election chances in 2020. Monday’s stock market slump, which saw the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.82% tumble 2.4% and the Nasdaq Composite 3.4%, looked just like what the doctor ordered."
"I write this, incidentally, as someone who is no fan of the president. But I remember when politics was supposed to stop at the water’s edge."
"And, anyway, facts are facts. Most of what the public is being told about these tariffs is either misleading or a downright lie."
"I’ve been following the coverage all weekend with my jaw on the floor."

2 comments:

  1. I work in the securities industry. I have to be well versed in this type of stuff. I could easily disassemble the clap trap written by this dunderHead. But I have to work for a living .... (no time). sound bite ... tax cuts when you are running a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit ... BAD. Tariffs when you encouraged foreigners to sell you their cheap crap while having them launder their profits/proceeds into the u.s. dollar and now you want to change the terms of the arrangement on them .... BAD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And more to the point:

    https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/05/13/investment-exodus-shifting-supply-chains-china-walks-into-trumps-golden-ticket-trap/

    It's patently obvious that Trump knows what he's doing; furthermore this is exactly what he promised during his campaign.

    ReplyDelete