Monday, July 29, 2019

It's all bucolic in China until....the Communist Commissar shows up and demands the seed corn.



Or, in the midst of all this clean, peaceful activity, a bit of reality intrudes.  Li Ziqi ( can that really be her name?) sets down her bowl of fruit, walks to the outhouse, closes the door, and then we hear a loud "Brrrrt" followed by an angry shout of "Who took the toilet paper!?? in Chinese, which still would sound like the gentle patter of rain on clean stones from her ruby lips ( in this story, at least).

Lee Zee Key. Or Lizzie Key as she's known in teeming Hong Kong, where she works as a highly compensated Import/Export Finance Manager, when she's not making ice cream for her elderly sainted grandmother up in the mountains.

4 comments:

  1. I'd really like to know what the ingredients are. My grandmother made wonderful cold fruit salads & canned marvellous preserves; I wish that I could once again have the pickled pears & apples she made, but that knowledge is lost.

    This gal can cook for me anytime, but sadly there isn't any magical mountain outside my home, where every ingredient can be had, fresh and ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the rest of you, but that looked delicious, as did the chef.

    Wouldn't mind having her prepare that for me.
    And then feed it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What really amazes me is the deep respect for the elderly that is shown. Li Ziqi is a butterfly on a peddle of a flower.

    ReplyDelete