Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Luger, a Mannlicher rifle, and a jungle knife.

What kid wouldn't want this gear?


As an aside, when a kid I did have a toy rifle something like that that really did shoot a spring loaded hard plastic bullet!  I recall standing at one end of the back yard and "shooting" it against the fence on the other end, and the bullet made a satisfying smack against the boards.

I can't imaging allowing that today.  I never tagged my sister, but I'm sure I thought of it.  You really could lose an eye.

5 comments:

  1. I got a six shooter for Christmas back in about 1959 or 1960 that fired plastic bullets. A couple of drunk uncles were shooting the glass balls off the tree with it that evening. Needless to say, my mom was none too pleased. Ah, the childhood memories...................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drunk uncles with "firearms" are the best uncles!

      Delete
  2. When we were kids, the seventies, we ran the neighborhood with our lookalike guns, my buddy had a lugar and I had a blank shooting revolver the the police chief gave my father to give me. These guns looked very real, I'm afraid someone should get shot if they were running around with them now........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Educating children as to the effective use of firearms is difficult in our P/C world.

    ReplyDelete