Saturday, December 26, 2020

Thanks to everyone who sent Christmas greetings!

 Mrs. CW and I have two of the three kids visiting, and a kitten in the house.  Loads of fun.  

Boots the kitten has decided he likes to watch TV.  From two inches away.  Must be like going to an IMAX theater and sitting in the front row.



The oldest daughter has a gift for making Mrs. CW laugh until she can't talk.  It's fun to watch and entertains everyone.

Loaded the ladies up and drove around town last night in the massive Dodge 1500 and enjoyed the Christmas lights.  Some people's electricity bill must be astronomical due to all the illumination they've put up.  

Is it just me, or when you get over fifty, and people ask what you want for Christmas, you can't think of anything much that isn't rudely expensive?   I just ask for Starbucks cards, and drink burnt coffee for free well into February.  I'm happy with that.

I'm a steak and BBQ man, but for some reason I decided I needed to make white bean hummus this year.  Lunacy, I know, but it turned out pretty well.


Naturally, the girls all thought it was great.  If the LT had been here, and not in Illinois, it would have been steaks and sausages wall to wall, but I'd also start the new year about 15 pounds heavier than I already am.

The ladies have asked me to make the third cheese plate of the weekend.  I will comply.

Next up, 2021.  Here's hoping all of you and all of us have a much better year in '21, stay healthy, and have fun.






  



                                  



12 comments:

  1. I left a Christmas greeting on one of your threads CW, but I reiterate: Merry Christmas to all from the Hills of Western North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas, and thank you for the eye candy thru the year. Blessings to you and yours in this blessed season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your site is a bright spot in my day. Thank you for the wonderful photos. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starbucks is commie coffee you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Is it just me, or when you get over fifty, and people ask what you want for Christmas, you can't think of anything much that isn't rudely expensive?"

    Yeah-kids got us gift certs for out favorite watering hole (that is barely hanging on-we live in Illinois) and our favorite meat market-wife and I were very happy with those gifts. We gave them (and their husbands) cash and gas gift cards. Grandkids got all kinds of stuff-the gifting is about them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I managed to screw up my comment yesterday soo.. Merry Christmas and thank you for the wonderful Road pictures. May you have a wonderful holiday and a better New Year!
    jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas!
    You've also got the Dutch Bros and Kaleidoscope Coffee up there, too.
    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer to get consumables if people insist on getting me anything. I have too much *stuff* already. Soap, foodstuffs, toiletries...that's all good. Exotic hardwoods would be good too if I were to ever get out into my shop.

    But frankly I'm sick of the whole gift-giving thing. A family dinner and a few games (Aggravation or Cribbage) are good enough for me nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Christmas and - here's hoping - a Happy New Year to you and yours. A big thank you, too, for all the entertainment you bring us each day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The things we really need, can't be bought with money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to CW and all, Happy Boxing Day, and Glad Tidings for health and prosperity in the New Year! 2021 might be an odd number, but it can't be an odder year than this one....

    And thank you CW for all your excellent material here.

    ReplyDelete