Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Postcard from Redding


The desperate attempt to take cuttings from the monster fig at the old place might be paying off.  Both of them are beginning to show green shoots.  Now, if I can keep them going through the Winter...


Maya the cat looking peeved.  But then, when do cats not look peeved?  Right after this she jumped up, ran over to me and rubbed on my leg, purring loudly, then followed me into the house, and now onto the couch.  An unusually affectionate cat, as cats go.

3 comments:

  1. That's a pretty Russian Blue. And yeah - they always look pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg to differ - her golden eyes and obvious muscularity mark her as a Maltese Blue, or Chat de Chartreux.

    I've had two and a friend has a third, and they are indeed an unusually intelligent and affectionate breed. Best cats I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your fig cuttings!
    Not a cat person, but she is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete