Thursday, September 26, 2019

Redding Critter Report

From where I work, on the second floor of a building on a bluff, I get a pretty good view of a big sweep of the Sacramento River.

The other day, I noticed an osprey jetting by right to left, eyeing the water for prey.  Not thirty minutes later, a bald eagle blew by, left to right, on an errand of his own.

Two birds of prey in half an hour.

Yesterday, I was speaking with a co worker who had recently been on a guided fishing trip on that same Sacramento River.  Seems the Fall salmon run is on its way upriver, and was at Cottonwood when this guy went out. They pulled in three big ones and three bigger ones broke off and got away.

He had a picture of one he caught - 28 pounds - and it was enormous.

There's some big fish in that river.  I'll know when the run reaches my stretch of the river because the fishing dories will be coming down the river one after the other.

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment