Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Something new from something old

The other day, while rummaging through a drawer, I was astounded to pull out this old, broken Klas Tornblom straight razor.  Where it came from I no longer recall, but I had to have picked it up sometime, somewhere, probably for dirt.


So what to do?  The steel was still in good shape, given it's from Eskilstuna, Sweden, famous for its quality stainless.
  
I felt a sort of personal responsibility here, having at some point acquired it in its current condition and then tossed it in a drawer. 

So, how about a new handle and clean up with Max Sprecher down in Las Vegas?  How about really nice scales to replace those old broken ones?

How about some paua?



Now it's on its way back to me.  It's both an old classic and a brand new creation from both Eskilstuna and Las Vegas.  So would that make it an Eskilvegas?  Laskilstuna?  

Whatever,  I'm looking forward to putting a frighteningly sharp edge on this and putting it to use once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment