Saturday, June 23, 2012


After reading some recipes on the Rogue Dutch Oven Cookers, I saw one in particular that appealed to me, called Juanita's Baked Beans.  I have time to mess with the dutch oven over the weekend, so this evening I made an effort to whip some up.  Here, all the ingredients are collected together, and the bacon is on and cooking.


Rummaging through the cupboards, I found a bottle of this with just a bit left.  I threw it in for good measure, even though it wasn't in the recipe.


Below is the concoction on the coals.  I put a few extra coals on the lid and covered it, letting it simmer away for a little over an hour.


The final product.  Add in some cornbread, steamed beets and greens, and you have a real meal! Yet another great recipe from the many great dutch oven websites on the internet.  Bon appetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment