Thursday, September 18, 2014

Your good news for the day

 Lincoln Logs, the popular toy created nearly a century ago by a son of Frank Lloyd Wright, is coming home to the U.S.A.

Maine Gov. Paul LePage announced Wednesday the toy logs, created by John Lloyd Wright and used to create miniature toy buildings, will be made at Pride Manufacturing, a wood products company in Burnham.

The toy has been made in China but when production of the wooden pieces ramps up, possibly in November, 80 percent of the toy will be made at the plant in Maine, said Randy Dicker, senior director of manufacturing for Pride. Some plastic pieces will still be made in China (drat!).

4 comments:

  1. I still have them from when I was a kid. There were no plastic parts then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gave my Grandson my set when he was little. I also had the American Logs which were square shaped.

      Delete
  2. I built stuff so big I had to get a permit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good move in the right direction...more corps need to move back.

    ReplyDelete