Friday, September 11, 2026

Wagyu Beef Squares

 


11 comments:

  1. I’ve eaten a fair bit of SnakeRiver Farms Wagyu; some are far better than others but overall, a little too ‘greasy’ for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I like a lot more red meat to fat ratio in my steaks. That doesn't look at all appealing to me.

      Delete
    2. 4 os SRF waygu filet and 2 large eggs from pasture raised chickens make an absolutely heavenly breakfast.

      Delete
  2. Yes, never been a fan. The Japanese have a dish called 'Shabu Shabu', where paper-thin slices of this are picked up with chopsticks and then swished through a hot beef broth to cook them, then down the hatch. Tasty, but so rich, and too much fat, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. give me some pork loin instead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take a 1/3 lb angus patti, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like sumpin bill gates would make

    ReplyDelete
  6. So rich its hard to eat a whole ribeye steak. But very good, particularly the first few bites hot off the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never have understood the attraction. A certain amount of marbling is necessary; when it reaches 50/50 it's more like eating fat with marbling of meat. I one bought pack of ground waygu labeled for burgers...the fat cooked off and left tiny burgers behind. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the vitamins are in the fat.

    ReplyDelete