Commission Earned
Value for the money is tested and confirmed. I personally have an old Griswold that is also about 80 to 100 years old that I use every day, and for modern stuff if money isn't an object, I do use a small Smithey with great success.
Otherwise, these Lodge skillets with last generations. Incredible value.
If you're looking for old cast iron try Cast & Clara Bell, lots of nice stuff & good information. The wife catches me buying anymore CI she'll off me in my sleep.
ReplyDeleteLabor Day weekend, Hillsville, VA has a giant 3-day flea market & gun show.
ReplyDeleteTent after tent had real antiques. Several tents had Cast Iron cooking ware... at prices had to pass up. Hundreds & hundreds of Fry pans. But... we already have 2x 10" & 2x 12" Stargazer pans. The finish (inside) is polished-like smooth, rarely does anything stick. Love 'em!
I took a sander to the inside of my Lodge pan.
ReplyDeleteNow it's smooth and non-stick.
Took about 30 minutes.
I found out not too long ago that you cannot take cast-iron on an airplane in your carry-on luggage. TSA considers it a weapon.
ReplyDelete