And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Tuesday, September 8, 2026
My son in law just got one of these. It is built like a tank.
My son got the DeckBoss 900, makes grilling and smoking a breeze. Internet connection for remote monitoring and corrections. Really solid build. I need / want! Kurtz
American made in Augusta, GA. I wanted one, but my sweet kids got me the Traeger thinking they were awesome. I've kept my mouth shut, but the Traeger is communist chinese made $%&T. As soon as it dies, it is getting replace with Recteq.
Their office is an hour and a half up the road. The best time to pick up pellets if I am in the area is 11:45 on a Friday. There is usually one or two grills fired up.
fancy-schmancy! My nickel goes for a Blackstone table-top grill. Not cooking for a platoon plus table-top design pretty much solves inherit problem of "where" to put it during lengthy periods of non-use.
I'm gun-shy on expensive grills. Twice the electronics failed and it is a pain-in-the-ass to do a replacement/return. But they are great when they work.
I hear that. Recteq will stand by their product. The pin in the lid on mine fell out (from overusing the smoker - I smoke something two or three times a week) and disappeared somewhere. They had me send a picture, then sent an entire replacement part free of charge. Super pleasant to deal with.
Built like a tank? I know that it is just a manner of speaking, but as a veteran US Marine tank commander, I'd say that it was built more like a Willys Jeep.
Ridiculous
ReplyDeleteMy son got the DeckBoss 900, makes grilling and smoking a breeze. Internet connection for remote monitoring and corrections. Really solid build. I need / want!
ReplyDeleteKurtz
Me too, and for sure I don't need it. Want, not need. Life is short - live wild.
Deletehmmm, wants and/or needs. 2 different things in my book.but mr. CW has the right idea.
DeleteAmerican made in Augusta, GA. I wanted one, but my sweet kids got me the Traeger thinking they were awesome. I've kept my mouth shut, but the Traeger is communist chinese made $%&T. As soon as it dies, it is getting replace with Recteq.
ReplyDeleteTheir office is an hour and a half up the road. The best time to pick up pellets if I am in the area is 11:45 on a Friday. There is usually one or two grills fired up.
Deletefancy-schmancy! My nickel goes for a Blackstone table-top grill. Not cooking for a platoon plus table-top design pretty much solves inherit problem of "where" to put it during lengthy periods of non-use.
ReplyDeleteI'm gun-shy on expensive grills. Twice the electronics failed and it is a pain-in-the-ass to do a replacement/return. But they are great when they work.
ReplyDeleteI hear that. Recteq will stand by their product. The pin in the lid on mine fell out (from overusing the smoker - I smoke something two or three times a week) and disappeared somewhere. They had me send a picture, then sent an entire replacement part free of charge. Super pleasant to deal with.
DeleteYoder YS640 here. Versatile, heavy duty, American made.
ReplyDeleteBuilt like a tank? I know that it is just a manner of speaking, but as a veteran US Marine tank commander, I'd say that it was built more like a Willys Jeep.
ReplyDelete