Saturday, September 12, 2026

When you're young you feel like you are indestructible.

 


7 comments:

  1. Not only felt indestructible, acted like it and were indestructible. Now fragile as a baby bird, and a bottle of prescription meds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stuff catches up with you, ask me how I know.

      Delete
  2. People who dive off cliffs and piers are missing a few upstairs, one of the first rules when learning to swim was never ever dive in water unless you know for sure what lies beneath. Had an teacher who dove off a pier & is in a wheel chair for life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They probably know for a fact "what lies beneath".
    Looks like a gang that spends time there regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to jump off a bridge in N Idaho and the surrounding cliffs. One day the water level was very low and the support columns of the old bridge emerged

    ReplyDelete
  5. When i was In high school, used to have a rope swing under a highway bridge, accessed by the inspection catwalk. Lots of fun times swinging out and dropping into the river. About a 30 ft drop. One spring, went out and used the swing. Opened my eyes under water, and saw dozens of concrete encrusted rebar sections sticking up from the river bed. The bridge redecking contractor apparently pushed the debris over the side rather than hauling it off. Impalement on a submerged rebar was not on my bucket list. Rope was cut corn, and warning was spray painted on the crossmember where the rope was attached. Nightmare fuel for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't feel indestructible. I felt terrified if I got anywhere near the face of yon cliff.

    ReplyDelete