And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
dad had a 1972 toronado - 454 engine front wheel drive - 9 miles to a gallon - I can hear and smell the sensation of him flooring it to get on the highway as he blew cig smoke out the slit of the window. It was yesterday!
When I was a kid working a summer job at a mountain resort, I did airport runs for guests, and we had a huge Estate Wagon for passengers and luggage. We called it the Battlestar, as that series was in its first run then. It had the 454, even with that heavy tank, it was a monster. You'd hit the gas pedal and it would kind of rear up, then start hurtling down the road. Fun to drive.
When these first arrived, my ten-year-old self wanted one in the worst way.
ReplyDeleteLoved the boots and the flip up head lights.
ReplyDeletedad had a 1972 toronado - 454 engine front wheel drive - 9 miles to a gallon - I can hear and smell the sensation of him flooring it to get on the highway as he blew cig smoke out the slit of the window. It was yesterday!
ReplyDeleteThis is not your father's Oldsmobile...
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a kid working a summer job at a mountain resort, I did airport runs for guests, and we had a huge Estate Wagon for passengers and luggage. We called it the Battlestar, as that series was in its first run then. It had the 454, even with that heavy tank, it was a monster. You'd hit the gas pedal and it would kind of rear up, then start hurtling down the road. Fun to drive.
ReplyDeleteOf course, you’ve seen Jay Leno’s 1000 HP version?
ReplyDelete