And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Monday, September 14, 2026
Never heard of this. Most bees would rather sting me.
We could well do with some of these "simpler times" and the bringing back of old folk traditions in this technological age we are a part of, willing or unwilling. I started some time ago collecting history books on the county I live in and attend fall festivals where much of the old traditions are on display. Apple butter boils, Amish women making and auctioning off quilts, homemade soups, reenactorsof civil war and early mountain man and pioneering, and antique tractors and machinery demonstrations. Great way to spend a day and you never know.....you just might learn something!
I've known people who talk to themselves, and have seen others talking to the wall of their house and others just nattering away. So why not talk to bees.
I've heard of bullshit, but never beeshit-
ReplyDeleteMy dad kept bees. Very interesting hobby with some very interesting dynamics in the hive.
ReplyDeleteWorkers are female. The males are "made" when a queen needs to be fertilized. Then they are killed.
There are sentries at the hive who basically have a suicide mission. If they refuse, they are killed.
At night the bees align themselves to cause better circulation of air through the hive at night. Flapping their wings all night long.
I keep bees, and they are fascinating. And sometimes, ornery. Never heard this folk tale before though.
ReplyDeleteI have heard of this being done upon the passing of a British regent.
ReplyDelete--Tennessee Budd
We could well do with some of these "simpler times" and the bringing back of old folk traditions in this technological age we are a part of, willing or unwilling. I started some time ago collecting history books on the county I live in and attend fall festivals where much of the old traditions are on display. Apple butter boils, Amish women making and auctioning off quilts, homemade soups, reenactorsof civil war and early mountain man and pioneering, and antique tractors and machinery demonstrations. Great way to spend a day and you never know.....you just might learn something!
ReplyDeleteI've known people who talk to themselves, and have seen others talking to the wall of their house and others just nattering away. So why not talk to bees.
ReplyDelete