And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I had a HS girlfriend who's mother flew Corsair's to their delivery point during WWII. She said if you were less than half throttle and went full throttle the engine torque would cause a barrel roll.
I used to stare at books that featured renderings like this for hours as a small kid. Then I got big enough to start building models, and built most of the ones on this poster. (Interesting that they chose the Ta-152 over the "predecessor" and much more common FW-190, but like both so hey.) Now that I'm an old man I'm back to staring at books full of pictures of my warbirds--and looking for videos on YT.
Nice! I will be investing in a few of these. Thanks for posting this CW!
ReplyDeleteI had a HS girlfriend who's mother flew Corsair's to their delivery point during WWII. She said if you were less than half throttle and went full throttle the engine torque would cause a barrel roll.
ReplyDeleteNot to scale.
ReplyDeleteI used to stare at books that featured renderings like this for hours as a small kid. Then I got big enough to start building models, and built most of the ones on this poster. (Interesting that they chose the Ta-152 over the "predecessor" and much more common FW-190, but like both so hey.) Now that I'm an old man I'm back to staring at books full of pictures of my warbirds--and looking for videos on YT.
ReplyDelete