Saturday, February 16, 2019

It's pronounced Os-Man


A Canadian man whose real last name “Assman,” was deemed “unacceptable” for a personalized license plate has taken it a step further and emblazoned the back of his truck with a giant design of the offending plate.
Dave Assman (pronounced “Oss-man), who lives in the province of Saskatchewan, said the denial upset him, but “I’m not one of those guys to take offense to it.”
Assman posted a photo Tuesday of a giant decal which bears his last name and spans the truck’s tailgate. The decal is styled after a typical Saskatchewan license plate.
“Just as Sgi anticipated me appealing my denial I also anticipated them refusing my appeal !” read his now-viral post. “I could have got a plate for the front but I really wanted a vanity plate on the back of my truck ! 
Dave should just change the spelling of his last name to match the pronunciation, but that's his choice.  Sounds like he's got a good sense of humor.

3 comments:

  1. Is Assman a proper noun or an adjective... I guess it depends on who one is describing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should just move to New York, where Cosmo Kramer lived.

    https://youtu.be/hzHOmiV0eGU

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story about the denied tag was on the news last week and it's one that hangs in your memory. Props to him for metaphorically sticking a finger in the government's eye. Be prepared to hear he's been arrested for the tail gate.

    ReplyDelete