Saturday, November 17, 2018

Shave of the Day


All the artisan soap makers are coming out with seasonal products now ( it's a free for all, capitalistic boon to consumers), and, having had good luck with Stirling in the past, decided to pick up their offering, which they are calling Christmas Eve.

I also loaded the Gillette Slim safety with a new Gillette Silver Blue blade, having heard some good things about them on the shave forums.

I also used for the first time that vintage Gillette brush, which was sold as new in box.  Given the wet dog smell it emitted, they weren't pulling my leg - it's old but new.

I enlisted the help of Mrs. CW to describe the scent.  She got pine and menthol, and I picked up a warm, broad vanilla base.   It could be said to remind one of a room warmed by a pine wood fire, and a table of holiday food.

The new Gillette Silver Blue did a great job in one and a half passes, giving a super quality shave.  The real test on my mug is under the chin to adam's apple, and there it did a superlative job, giving a near dolphin smooth result, without any burn or blood.  The face feels great.

An interesting combination that I'll certainly use again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little concerned that there are such things as 'shave forums'.

    MfG
    Goetz von Berlichingen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, there's a forum for everything you can imagine. There are actually multiple wet shave forums.

      Delete
  2. not sure 'wet shave' means what you think it does.....

    mfG
    Goetz

    ReplyDelete