Monday, January 5, 2015

Time in the woods burning powder is always time well spent

Since the Sierras are so close to where I live, Sunday afternoon was a good time to load up the guns and ammo, and head for the hills with the youths.  It's hard to believe in January it can be shirt sleeve weather up in the pines.  


.223 and .22 long rifle were our basic choice of ammo, with some .17 Mach 2 and .32-20 thrown in for variety. 



Do you feel lucky?


This guy couldn't keep from smiling during the "hero" picture.


Afterwards, Italian food in Jackson.  Pasta overload is a good thing after all that fresh air and target practice.


6 comments:

  1. The young lady has the makings of a sniper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. man. I'm sorry. I was interrupted by my daughter as I was posting and it came out wrong.

      Delete
    2. The boys understand, and think nothing of it. The daughters didn't go this time, but they can shoot too. I'll have to arrange a trip for them soon.

      Delete
  2. I envy you. No snow. When I was out on Sunday it was about -22F and the roads were so slick after the snowfall it made more sense to stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we had a series of decent storm a month ago, but like it usually does here, it cleared and got sunny. Everything low melted, although there was still a patch or two in the real shady spots. Up country there's plenty.

      Delete