Saturday, July 25, 2026

Add butter and some honey

 


7 comments:

  1. If your're into that sort of thing (I'm not):

    https://www.melangery.com/2011/06/fruit-and-nut-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. One aunt absolutely loved fruit cake. Not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot stand fruit cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only fruit cake I ever liked was 60 years ago in Vietnam, one of the other Marines in the squad received a home made one from his mom for Christmas with the candy orange slices on top. He didn’t get it until after New Years Day and by then the orange slices and a couple other things had started getting moldy, we scraped the green off and after eating all the cake we agreed that it the best fruit cake we’d ever tasted. Must have been the mold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you guys. You appreciated a treat from home. We sent my Marine brother packages on a regular basis. He said it made him very popular.
      He made it home to tell us.

      Delete
    2. Off the subject of fruit cake ... but while I was serving as a tank commander on a US Marine flame thrower tank in Vietnam, one of my buddies' moms mailed me a bottle of bourbon ... but she simply took a glass bottle and mailed it in a plain box with no padding. A few days later, two postal inspectors came knocking on her door with a soaking wet (booze dripping) box. She then got another bottle, poured the contents into two plastic baby bottles and mailed them. He and I enjoyed several evenings of liquid courage.

      Delete
  5. Leaning towards whipped cream cheese

    ReplyDelete