Friday, July 24, 2026

45 Colt is an excellent round

 


10 comments:

  1. Short-Fat-Slow still reliably delivers the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not those pussy cowboy rounds, 650 FPS is pretty anemic. Though no one likes getting hit with 240 grains of lead at even those weak velocities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muzzle velocity for the 250 gr. round nose flat head is 750 fps. I shoot this round and can attest.
      https://www.black-hills.com/shop/cowboy-ammo/45-colt/

      Delete
    2. "It's like getting hit by a meteor"----Told to me by one of my first instructors in the military. Jeff C in NC

      Delete
  3. Pearl handles, gun of a "New Orleans Pimp". According to someone I heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across a Ruger with the pearl bird handles. I did not like shooting that gun. It should have had a standard handle. I did not have it very long.

      Delete
  4. Hope those are soft cast bullets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first handgun I ever bought was a Ruger Vaquero (orig. model) in 45 Colt. I still have it 28 years later and it’s still my fav. handgun, bar none. I have a Win. M94 chambered in 45 Colt as well. With a full load of H110/W296, it pushes a 240 gr. Hornady XTP Mag to 1900 fps. Hardly anemic…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have the same combo (albeit a "New" Vaquero) and sure don't feel "under-gunned."

      Delete