And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Friday, October 9, 2026
Went out to dinner last night at JT's Basque in Gardnerville, Nevada
Talk about a restaurant with tradition, that place is completely unchanged since I was passing thru Gardnerville for work in 1981. I never did eat there because of the guys I was working with, but I wish I had.
$40 is a small price to pay for a great meal at a place with a tradition like JT's. This old retired guy would gladly splurge on a dinner there if I was ever in Garnerville again.
Last night we had Shrimp, cooked perfectly, on the stove in a Wok. Butter (lots of it) Worchester sauce Old Bay Seasoning. Cooked till done. 3 of us gorged ourselves on 4lbs of it, wow, and we did it for about $12.
Me thinks this Basque eatery in Nevada is similar to one (late & lamented) that existed in Guadalupe, California during the mid 1970s. The entrées of course were perfect but what I remember most vividly were the side dishes---beans, a large bowl of lettuce salad with an unique salad dressing (garlic & herbs), and their baked in house bread. Dan Kurt
Dining out in Nevada ain't cheap.
ReplyDeleteThat's a small piece of steak for $40 !
ReplyDeleteDid you notice all the SIDES included?
Deleteit's all the extras included, folksy waitresses, plus the family style atmosphere. One or two visits a year.
DeleteWhat's in the sweet breads to make them more expensive than the steak?
ReplyDeleteMust be well to do families. Not on this retired guys income.
ReplyDeleteTalk about a restaurant with tradition, that place is completely unchanged since I was passing thru Gardnerville for work in 1981. I never did eat there because of the guys I was working with, but I wish I had.
ReplyDelete$40 is a small price to pay for a great meal at a place with a tradition like JT's. This old retired guy would gladly splurge on a dinner there if I was ever in Garnerville again.
Last night we had Shrimp, cooked perfectly, on the stove in a Wok.
ReplyDeleteButter (lots of it)
Worchester sauce
Old Bay Seasoning.
Cooked till done.
3 of us gorged ourselves on 4lbs of it, wow, and we did it for about $12.
And you didn't invite any of us over for dinner?
DeleteSee how you are???
Me thinks this Basque eatery in Nevada is similar to one (late & lamented) that existed in Guadalupe, California during the mid 1970s. The entrées of course were perfect but what I remember most vividly were the side dishes---beans, a large bowl of lettuce salad with an unique salad dressing (garlic & herbs), and their baked in house bread. Dan Kurt
ReplyDelete