And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I guess I'm hopelessly enrolled in the 'blued steel, nice wood' school of rifles, particularly when it comes to lever guns. And I do prefer the straight stock, and square levers on my Marlins. That is a nice scope - Leupold 1.5 to 5 Vari-X-III I think. But all of my lever guns wear aperture sights. They seem to work, even in heavy snow. Steve_in_Ottawa
I bet if you gave the rifle shown in the photo to an 1800s cowboy, let him use it for a month, and then tried to get it back... Well, let's just say "easier said than done".
No idea where she is or what she's doing, but if it's a hunting season and she's crawling around in the weeds wearing that brown turtleneck, she's asking for trouble.
Plenty of room on that rail for NV or thermal clip on. Barrel is threaded for the quiet thing. Me take, use, take care of, give many thanks but not give back. Same for rifle.
Don't care for or see a purpose for the enlarged lever. Sort of Chuck Connors Rifleman style but not quite. The traditional parallel sided levers work fine and are less bulky.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of composite stocks/stainless barrels on rifles, but it just seems wrong on these lever actions.
ReplyDeleteThe Picatinny rail doesn't work for me aesthetically, though I'm sure it makes sense.
DeleteI guess I'm hopelessly enrolled in the 'blued steel, nice wood' school of rifles, particularly when it comes to lever guns. And I do prefer the straight stock, and square levers on my Marlins. That is a nice scope - Leupold 1.5 to 5 Vari-X-III I think. But all of my lever guns wear aperture sights. They seem to work, even in heavy snow. Steve_in_Ottawa
DeleteActually, it makes some sense..... where I lived in Colorado, ranchers had some Got-awful looking 30-30 rifles behind the seat of their trucks.
ReplyDeleteI bet if you gave the rifle shown in the photo to an 1800s cowboy, let him use it for a month, and then tried to get it back... Well, let's just say "easier said than done".
ReplyDeleteThat is a very serious look on that pretty face.
ReplyDeleteNo idea where she is or what she's doing, but if it's a hunting season and she's crawling around in the weeds wearing that brown turtleneck, she's asking for trouble.
ReplyDeletePlenty of room on that rail for NV or thermal clip on. Barrel is threaded for the quiet thing. Me take, use, take care of, give many thanks but not give back. Same for rifle.
ReplyDeleteDon't care for or see a purpose for the enlarged lever. Sort of Chuck Connors Rifleman style but not quite. The traditional parallel sided levers work fine and are less bulky.
ReplyDelete