Tuesday, September 8, 2026

This is how I picture myself when I retire. Except I might grow a big, ZZ Top style beard.


 

7 comments:

  1. gonna have to paint that truck candy apple red first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looow Ridur take a little trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. After retiring from a career that required me to be clean shaven, one of the first things that I did was to quit shaving. I knew that my beard was mostly white, and I envisioned that in 6 weeks or so that I'd have a big white beard that would have kids doing a double-take thinking that they'd seen Santa Claus on vacation.

    It didn't turn out that way. Yeah, the beard is white, but it took forever to fill in. I kept (slowly....very slowly) growing it for length, but at a certain length, it begins to take a wave under my chin. With length, those waves make my double chin look like it has it's own double chin.

    The beard takes more care and feeding than I had imagined. I'm still shaving the cheek- and necklines a couple times a week and trimming to the right length. One day I accidentally set my trimmer to a closer setting than I had been using and trimmed it closer. Once started, you kinda have to finish at that new length. It turns out that shorter looks better than longer. Goodbye visions of a Santa Claus/ZZ Top beard.

    The lovely Mrs. azlib hates the beard. One day I may go crazy and shave it off.

    azlibertarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the truck as is. Preferably with a 4 speed floor shift transmission.
    Al_in_Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been retired for 15 years. I get a haircut every 4 weeks. It is almost a military-style "buzz cut." I also shave (with a safety razor) every other day. For the life of me, I do not fully understand old men with scraggly beards and ponytails. They look homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it, CW!! You dont want to be 90 yrs old saying "I wish I'da grown that big-ass beard and painted that old truck!"

    ReplyDelete