Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Can't be afraid of heights taking that route


 

8 comments:

  1. And have to be very fit to sling on a backpack and climb that. Now a days I'd be done in the first ten steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://share.google/aimode/gKQXFo45ksGdMbqsD
    Location and Facts
    Peak: Großer Donnerkogel in the Austrian Alps.
    Height: The peak is 2,054 meters (6,739 feet) high.
    The Ladder: A 40-meter (131-foot) wire rope ladder that hangs about 700 meters (2,296 feet) above the ground.
    Safety and Access
    Type: It is a via ferrata (an iron way), which is a mountain path secured with fixed steel cables and metal steps.
    Safety Gear: Climbers use a special harness with two clips to stay attached to the safety cable at all times.
    Difficulty: Rated up to level D on the Austrian scale, meaning it is very difficult and meant for experienced hikers with proper gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems I recall some internet influencer got killed trying to hurry up that thing. Maybe it was a different place but it sure looks the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have these in China and even little kids go on them. I wonder how much they flex but I'm not about to find out.

      Delete
  4. What happens when one going up meets one going down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had more than my share of good luck in life. I'm not giving the law of averages a chance to even things out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a big NOPE from me.

    ReplyDelete