Friday, August 14, 2026

Wonder what that weighs?

 


14 comments:

  1. ...and would not have wanted to be around for the weather that washed it ashore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to e a tough one to pick up and carry home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of these were 8 ft long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you can 'weigh anchor'. I heard sailors talk about that in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the anchor ring at the top of the anchor shaft had broken. Had to be a sad day for the sailor who weighed anchor and found out it was lost on the bottom of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it wore thru, not broke. Poor maintenance. Not used often, I suspect.

      Delete
  6. It weighs a shipload!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Need banana for scale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You weigh anchor! Not weighs anchor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Russia, anchor weighs you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks as if the kelp floated it, can't weigh a whole lot then...

    ReplyDelete