Friday, August 14, 2026

Nicely Stacked

 


7 comments:

  1. Ready for the sawmill or the fireplace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks like pulp bolts.

      Delete
    2. I'll bet those are all cut to 100 inches.

      Delete
  2. pick one, just one - and pull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy to stack when it's done by machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you care about making it easy on the next guy that has to handle those logs. I once had the son of the owner of the logging outfit I worked for say "You sure make it easy on a loader man" when he saw how meticulous my log decks were. I should have replied "Am I supposed to make it harder on him?", but I kept my mouth shut.

      That's okay. The loaderman appreciated how I worked. He could pull into a landing of mine in the dark and know exactly where the long logs were and where the short logs were when he couldn't see over the top of the deck.

      Delete
  4. Waste not want not!

    ReplyDelete