Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Vivian Bales (1908-2001) rode her Harley-Davidson thousands of miles around the US in the 1920’s and 30’s becoming America’s first motorcycle cover-girl.

 


8 comments:

  1. She has a lovely bouquet of pussy willows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1929 Harley Davidson. I would love to have met her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ride that many miles on any bike and you know how to spin a wrench on it. Bet she could do it cuz it was required. Even if she had service on her cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was twenty years old on that adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been riding old Harleys since I was 16 (first was a 50 Panhead)
    I learned the hard way, But I still ride and wrench (68 Shovel) at 70 years old
    I'm still riding and wrenching and I love the old scoots

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would like to have some timeline photos of her life from then until late in her life

    ReplyDelete