And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Sunday, July 26, 2026
Two of America’s Finest Cars Ever Made Coming Up For Auction: Duesenburg meets Tucker
Tucker’s innovation was a threat to the Big 3 shops, so they shut him down by backdoor politics (aka K-Street). Think Tesla burnings and dealership attacks…same thing.
I'll never forget this. It was back about early 1965. I worked on the New Jersey Turnpike at a Cities Service gas station, northbound, between Bordentown and Hightstown. A lady pulled into the station for gas, driving a red Ferrari. She was absolutely gorgeous. I asked her what she wanted. She said "I don't know, ask my husband, he's coming in now." Her husband pulled in, gray haired., probably 20 years older than she, driving a Duesenburg. He had just bought it.
I'm wondering if those cars would even run on modern lead free 10% ethanol gas we have these days. There are probably natural rubber parts in the fuel system that modern fuel would eat alive.
If I had the means of owning either one of those vehicles, I'd be running ethanol free fuel, for sure.
It's all I run in my generators and two-stroke power equipment. It's pricey, but boy, what a difference. One-pull starting, every time. The way it should be.
Never forget that the crony capitalist worthless government enabled the big three lousy automobile companies to destroy Tucker and all of his innovations. Government has always been the greatest evil ever created by man.
Tucker’s innovation was a threat to the Big 3 shops, so they shut him down by backdoor politics (aka K-Street). Think Tesla burnings and dealership attacks…same thing.
ReplyDeleteI'll never forget this. It was back about early 1965. I worked on the New Jersey Turnpike at a Cities Service gas station, northbound, between Bordentown and Hightstown. A lady pulled into the station for gas, driving a red Ferrari. She was absolutely gorgeous. I asked her what she wanted. She said "I don't know, ask my husband, he's coming in now." Her husband pulled in, gray haired., probably 20 years older than she, driving a Duesenburg. He had just bought it.
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering if those cars would even run on modern lead free 10% ethanol gas we have these days. There are probably natural rubber parts in the fuel system that modern fuel would eat alive.
ReplyDeleteIf I had the means of owning either one of those vehicles, I'd be running ethanol free fuel, for sure.
DeleteIt's all I run in my generators and two-stroke power equipment. It's pricey, but boy, what a difference. One-pull starting, every time. The way it should be.
Deusy for me
ReplyDeleteNever forget that the crony capitalist worthless government enabled the big three lousy automobile companies to destroy Tucker and all of his innovations. Government has always been the greatest evil ever created by man.
ReplyDeleteOh, I don't know. As far as evil is concerned, government comes in a distant second to members of the Democratic Party.
DeleteThat is a great story hjets! One that leaves a heck of an impression!
ReplyDelete