And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Drum brakes and that sporty 6 cylinder engine, AM radio, gear shift on the steering column and good milage. I had one of the cars in red, it was a nice car.
DL in 1968, father bought me a crappy 2DR 1965 Falcon, $600 I believe. No radio, vinyl floor, no carpet. Power steering, drum brakes. POS car. Bought a $10 used AM radio, wired it myself. Sat on the transmission column hump . Too poor for a used 8-track.
I've had 6 of them. including a "Country Squire Wagon" with wood on the side. They were great cars. Cheap to operate, and you couldn't kill them. They were easy to work on if you did. Camped all across North Carolina, then up the Outer Banks, back across Virginia.
Early 60s Ford Falcon wagon, looks like. Bet that sported drum brakes all around. Slippery when wet.
ReplyDeleteDrum brakes and that sporty 6 cylinder engine, AM radio, gear shift on the steering column and good milage. I had one of the cars in red, it was a nice car.
ReplyDeleteDL in 1968, father bought me a crappy 2DR 1965 Falcon, $600 I believe. No radio, vinyl floor, no carpet. Power steering, drum brakes. POS car. Bought a $10 used AM radio, wired it myself. Sat on the transmission column hump . Too poor for a used 8-track.
ReplyDeleteDidn't need brakes, wouldn't go fast enough to worry about that!
ReplyDeleteBubbarust
I've had 6 of them. including a "Country Squire Wagon" with wood on the side.
ReplyDeleteThey were great cars. Cheap to operate, and you couldn't kill them. They were easy to work on if you did. Camped all across North Carolina, then up the Outer Banks, back across Virginia.