Friday, July 3, 2026

Looks a little ratty

 


15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There are still places like this in Maine, but this one is in Connecticut.

      Delete
  2. "Looks a little ratty". I mean, that's the appeal of the dive or the hole-in-the-wall; you're hoping the lack of care and detail in decor went into the quality of the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was places like that in Maine, 1970s, outside looked like shacks, till you saw the massive Lobsters on those racks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d eat there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the best places to get a lobster roll. I’ve eaten in many shitholes like that and have never regretted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks a "little" ratty? It looks really ratty.

    Since I don't eat anything "that breathes water", it's a no-never mind to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 33 years ago come December, my wife and I stopped at a rundown looking place called The Red Snapper Inn in Surfside Texas. They served Greek seafood and it was outstanding. We managed to stop every time after that when in Texas and now I understand it closed. At one point they were given I believe 4 stars for their food but now we will never be able to stop there again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might be the best lobster you ever had, might be the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice healthy 2-4lb lobsters betch ya be had there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lobster Landing. Give the little guys a break. Their arms are extremely short with claws for hands. That makes holding paint brushes very difficult and reaching the top part of the chimney impossible. Probably hasn’t been painted since it was built.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "looks a little ratty" ones are the best. There was a similar place in Sneads Ferry, NC called The Green Turtle. It sold the best She-Crab soup ever. Unfortunately, the state took the land it sat on to make a boat ramp. We lost a treasure with that loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great place for lobster- you can also pick up some crabs around back- just knock on the red door-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clinton, CT. Excellent lobster rolls.

    ReplyDelete