Friday, July 17, 2026

 

\

                       Thermodynamics Science T-Shirt


                                                                   Commission Earned


6 comments:

  1. I like this shirt. But I need to know. Is there a hidden political statement here? I don't want to offend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Euroweenies refuse to acknowledge F as a viable scale. Otherwise no political statement

      Exile1981

      Delete
    2. I'll have mad levels of respect for anyone who goes around talking about daily temperatures in Kelvin.

      Delete
    3. Only thing hidden is 'Anonymous's' name (the first Anonymous)
      Seems he, she, or it has no idea of the world's population tipping the balance of viable.
      I'll clear it up for ... well, whatever the gender is it claims ... rough number of people in the world - 8,450,000,000 (I rounded it up some) ... combined population of the ONLY countries that use Fahrenheit (thats the USA and Myanmar, which is a third rate, third world country, somewhere in Asia ... let me see USA is 342,000,000 and Myanmar has 55,000,000) ... is 397,000,000 ... lets call it 400 million, so, thats 4.7% of the humans alive use Fahrenheit as a heat measuring scale ... 95.3% use Celsius.
      Lol, wait until you hear about kilometres.

      Delete
    4. Anon @ 1:08 - clearly you don't know anyone who works with liquid helium plants. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thermo, but not thermodynamics (as in 3 laws of...). I suppose the title used sounds better than "Three temperature scales and compatibility with life". THE reason for the Fahrenheit scales is that it is human-centric, just like feet, pounds, and other Imperial scales. The metric (or other scientific) scales work fine for physics, chemistry, and the like, but for everyday use they are neither proportionate nor relatable. Neither 170 cm nor 1.7 meters is as handy as 5 feet 7 inches as a height, and a 200 pound guy is big, while a 200 kg fellow is enormous. Science needs easily replicated measurements tied to a universal physical constant; humans in daily life are fine with a measurement tied to some dead ancient king's thumb.

    ReplyDelete