Sunday, July 26, 2026

 


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You would fit right in.

      Delete
    2. He'd be leading the pack in the Women's 5K race.

      Delete
  2. 10K is 6.2 miles - Not even close to any kind of a "marathon" ... mini or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 45 years ago, I would do 10 km every morning. The pace was pretty relaxed at about 6 min/km. I ran that for over a year at sea level. Then I moved to college at about 1200 m elevation and I cut it down to 5 km per day. I would only occasionally do 10 km after that. Now we live at 1800 m and I only walk, but I hike a couple of km per day.

      Delete
    2. John can you walk 5k?

      Delete
    3. For 35 years, I ran about four times a week. Five miles was a normal distance. I also ran about 35 Ten K's and another 40 Five K's during that time period. Today I walk the dogs about 3 miles each day.

      Delete
    4. What gender do your dogs identify as?

      Delete
    5. A tale of two retirees. When I took off the Air Force uniform, I was done running. never a runner really, I would train on about 3 miles to get ready for a 1.5 mile test. A friend retired and took up running as a hobby, for whatever reason. Five milers, ten milers, half marathons, marathons. But then, nothing exceeds like excess. He moved on to hyper-marathons. When he still lived in New Mexico, he ran the Javelina Hundred. You can take your choice of 100 km or 100 miles. He set out for the 100 miles part and thought he was a bit of a failure for only running 77 miles.

      Delete