Monday, January 20, 2020

Cool Video

Vintage Toy Restoration - Unbelievable Final Paint Job! from r/interestingasfuck

Nope, should have painted it the same color.  The gold and silver seems garish.  And the hood looked blotchy to me,

It got me to thinking.  I'm sure I've got something like that in the garage.  Some Tonka Toy that's followed me all these years.  So I went out there and found it, voila!  Mine's a wrecker!  Probably worth thousands.  Ok, maybe hundreds.  Ok, maybe five, ten bucks.





Oddly, my daily driver today is a white pickup truck.  Could there be an unconscious influence on my buying decision, decades later, from playing with this little gem lo so many years ago?  Who knows for sure, but I'm going to claim that there is.



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree it should have stayed the original paint color, and most likely lost value with the restoration.

      Delete
  2. I would pay you 20 bucks for and and shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...that gold (very splotchy) and chrome looked horrible. The original would have mad that toy look amazing! When are you going to start yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Tonka Gladiator was red, and my favorite toy truck! My F-150 is red. Because that was the color of the one in stock!

    ReplyDelete