Monday, October 8, 2012



I took the day off today, loaded the youngest daughter and the wife in the truck, and headed uphill to see how the aspens were doing in Hope Valley.

I found that they were generally just nearly at full display, which I predict will occur in about seven to ten days.  


A classic red barn just off of Highway 88, east of Carson Pass. A more bucolic scene I can't imagine.


Looking back to the north at Hope Valley and Freel Peak, just south of Lake Tahoe. The land looks - no feels - like it is waiting for the snow.


The mighty Dodge, our steed, at a minor saddle east of Carson Pass.  I actually had to use the four wheel drive several times to reach this point, which is unusual.  This is also about the point where the Pacific Crest Trail crosses going north.  In the background is Elephant's Back, on the left, and Stevens Peak, the slightly reddish mountain to the right of center.


No comments:

Post a Comment