Thursday, September 17, 2026

Washed Up

 


7 comments:

  1. That's gonna be expensive even after they get it off the beach, the rudder is gone, & the keel is probably loose at the hull & then the mast & stays have been stressed beyond their limits. But I ain't gotta fix it anymore. I'm going fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice boat, all empty & washed up on a beach like that makes you wonder about where the sailors went. Watched a YouTube vid & there was some speculation that solo-sailors wasn't tied onto a safety line, & falls overboard while the boat sails on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joy of sailing, getting into shallows with no way to get out easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it though? Perhaps it's only purposely careened, and the high-tide will refloat it. Except I don't see any anchor chains out. When you careen the boat, you have to put in an anchor past the low-tide line. It's weird, I see what looks like a shadow of an anchor line coming off the bow, like it was airbrushed out. And I would have expected the bow or stern to be pointed towards the ocean, not broadside as here. I hope those guys have a shovel so they can dig it out and wait for the high-tide to refloat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had one wash up on Hollywood Beach this year. Never did hear what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder how cheap used sailboats are right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey buddy, you can't park there.

    ReplyDelete