Thursday, September 17, 2026

The Classic

 


17 comments:

  1. when I say I'm in love...I'm in luv, L-U-S-T !

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. I have 4 of them already in 45. and been thinking of getting one in 38 super to carry. the the Dan Wesson guardian. handles one a while back in the store.
    great fit and finish ! light weight too, feel real good in my hand as well.
    but 2 grand ? maybe next year after I get back my tax return, we see.
    of course, the wife will not understand why I want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love my danny 4 inch commander in .45, EDC

      Delete
    2. Carry my Great-Uncle's .38 Super ca. 1948 when I'm in rural areas. Flatter shooting and longer range than the .45. Get the .38 and you'll never regret it.

      Delete
  3. I am blessed to own my grandfather's .45 that was manufactured in 1913. It is in perfect condition and sits in my nightstand, keeping my family safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who makes THAT gun? Model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that particular pistol, but mine is a Colt M-1911

      Delete
  5. Love my 1911 in 45... its heavy but easy to shoot and accurate... my berreta 92 in 9mm is harder to keep on target than the 1911... its timeless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMT did in the 70's with their 'hardballer' line - one of my dad's friends used one on the PA Gamelands range, and it sounded like a cannon going off. Nose of it was long too - looked like it could shoot\snuff a Greyhound bus...

      Delete
  6. People only obsessed with 1911s cause no one makes a Hi-Power in .45 ACP (the only flaw).

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 bullets ... one in the pipe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .45 ACP. Because shooting twice is silly.

      Delete
  8. I use a Taurus nickel plated .45, a Rock Island Armory .45, and a POS HiPoint .45. That's my throwaway. All loaded with Talon hollowpoints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why is a HiPoint always bitched about ? made in america and a lifetime warranty.

      Delete
    2. Seven bullets, one for each letter of 'Welcome'.

      Delete
  9. I never caught the 1911 bug. I have plenty of others though including an XDS in .45. In my line of work I need more concealment and less weight than a 1911. I’ve never doubted the effectiveness nor the appeal tho. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. My primary EDC is a 1911 in .45. Secondary 1911 is Great-Uncle John's .38 Super. Tertiary carry is a FN P-35. Controls in same place. No transitional confusion. St. John of Ogden is always by my side. ;-)

    ReplyDelete