And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Used to work in an oyster research facility, with super filtration system, and man they were awesome raw. The last time I bought regular farmed raw oysters I wish I had died.
Missing Tabasco and a couple of Saltines. Nothing better on earth than a fresh, clean oyster. Not that gulf trash either, Atlantic salty ones, preferably from the Lowcountry. Gotta know where you're getting them from though. Too many yankees and west coast types moving to the Lowcountry and bacteria can be a real bitch. Thankfully there are still some pristine places and in the fall and winter, you can pull them right out of the water and enjoy. I'm starving and 300 miles from the coast. Sigh.
There are two bottles on the table at the top end. One has a red top which I would think hot sauce. Virginia oysters seem to be the best right now. Local Georgia oysters are not as good.
Yum!
ReplyDeleteI'll take mine steamed or broiled, I ain't dying eating raw oysters anymore.
ReplyDeleteUsed to work in an oyster research facility, with super filtration system, and man they were awesome raw. The last time I bought regular farmed raw oysters I wish I had died.
DeleteHad a horrific episode with raw oysters last year. Never again. Baked or fried just fine but no raw.
ReplyDeleteOh Lord! Looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteWhere's the Tabasco ?
ReplyDeletelike their smoked japolte
DeleteMissing Tabasco and a couple of Saltines. Nothing better on earth than a fresh, clean oyster. Not that gulf trash either, Atlantic salty ones, preferably from the Lowcountry. Gotta know where you're getting them from though. Too many yankees and west coast types moving to the Lowcountry and bacteria can be a real bitch. Thankfully there are still some pristine places and in the fall and winter, you can pull them right out of the water and enjoy. I'm starving and 300 miles from the coast. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteIt's cooked for me any number of different ways but I have a buddy in Acadiana who could demolish that spread and still call for more.
ReplyDeleteThere are two bottles on the table at the top end. One has a red top which I would think hot sauce. Virginia oysters seem to be the best right now. Local Georgia oysters are not as good.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had raw oysters and probably never will. The thought of eating cold, gray sputum is revolting.
ReplyDeleteTry with lemon juice on the shell and soak that and the oyster juice up with some sourdough.
DeleteTake mine with a dab of horseradish and a spritz of lemon. ( Well in the past, probably not raw today.)
DeleteBubbarust