Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday Open Road

 
























7 comments:

  1. A switchback Friday! Nice as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car in the draw was placed there very deliberately, as an erosion control device. Rainwater or snowmelt rushing down that channel could gather the force of a buzzsaw on the soil, so heavy things were put down there to slow the water down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I love our Friday Open Road photo essays...

    I just got back home from driving 1,600 miles between Colorado Springs and several locations in Missouri. My "open road" is closed for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fake image of the Beartooth Hwy (12th) detracts from the whole. It's been posted enough elsewhere that I recognized it immediately. That is, I recognized the image not the highway, because there is no spot in the Beartooths that looks remotely like that. At least there wasn't two weeks ago when I last drove it and I doubt there was when my parents first drove me over almost 70 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That car doesn't look like it drove into that gully
    And working tomorrow so no TGIF

    ReplyDelete