And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Old dogs deserve our love because they give so much to us. I had a Jack mix that lived to 23, I think he was too mean to die. He passed when I was deployed so couldn't say goodbye. I had 2 borders at the same time, made it to 15 and 16. Good lives, and very loved. Now I have 10 borders and I love every one. Dogs are the best. They put humans to shame.
Swedish Valhund, an primitive/ancient breed, Viking farm dog. We've had working Valhunds about 20years. They LIKE to herd, form strong, single owner attachments. They have a BARK, that hurts your ears! Our dogs love herding ducks, cows, anything, including children if they could. They herd by barking, not by nipping, short enough, it's hard for a cow to kick. On a dead sprint, they have beaten our Dobermans the first 100ft, before the long striding gathers full momentum.
They're athletes, short, strong and quick. Double coat, but sheds 2x annually, the coat is coarse. Look similar to Corgi, because Valhunds are the breed Corgi comes from. Valhunds are muscular and firm, Corgis are soft by comparison, even the fur is soft. Tails come long, Spitz curled, or naturally 'docked', maybe 1 or 2 vertebrae (born that way).
The feet... are like a rabbit's foot, which really pissed off my daughter, "When her dog, Gideon dies, I wanna save the feet for lucky rabbit foots!" Hers hunted rats & mice, with a Farm Cat... He'd flush 'em, the Cat would 'bag em'.
I’m with you, hjets. I’ve had border collies, labs, beagles, greyhounds, Great Pyrenees, blue healers, and a variety of just plain mutts. Every last one of them was the best dog they could be, noble beasts each and every one. If I get to Heaven and can have one wish, it would be to have a run and cuddle with every one of my dogs, though they were really never mine. I was only really borrowing them from heaven.
Living in the moment! We can learn a lot from them. Especially unconditional love.
ReplyDeleteOld dogs deserve our love because they give so much to us.
ReplyDeleteI had a Jack mix that lived to 23, I think he was too mean to die. He passed when I was deployed so couldn't say goodbye.
I had 2 borders at the same time, made it to 15 and 16. Good lives, and very loved. Now I have 10 borders and I love every one.
Dogs are the best. They put humans to shame.
as Muti often reminded me; "you'll get your reward in Heaven". Meanwhile, your 10 Buds are outstanding company.
DeleteAww.
ReplyDeleteYou sir correctly and deservedly honor your best companion. Well done.
ReplyDeleteSwedish Valhund, an primitive/ancient breed, Viking farm dog. We've had working Valhunds about 20years. They LIKE to herd, form strong, single owner attachments. They have a BARK, that hurts your ears! Our dogs love herding ducks, cows, anything, including children if they could. They herd by barking, not by nipping, short enough, it's hard for a cow to kick. On a dead sprint, they have beaten our Dobermans the first 100ft, before the long striding gathers full momentum.
ReplyDeleteThey're athletes, short, strong and quick. Double coat, but sheds 2x annually, the coat is coarse. Look similar to Corgi, because Valhunds are the breed Corgi comes from. Valhunds are muscular and firm, Corgis are soft by comparison, even the fur is soft. Tails come long, Spitz curled, or naturally 'docked', maybe 1 or 2 vertebrae (born that way).
The feet... are like a rabbit's foot, which really pissed off my daughter, "When her dog, Gideon dies, I wanna save the feet for lucky rabbit foots!" Hers hunted rats & mice, with a Farm Cat... He'd flush 'em, the Cat would 'bag em'.
Thanks, never heard of that breed. Sound solid.
DeleteLucky dog.
ReplyDeleteYou can borrow my wagon for future forays.
ReplyDeleteSunshine is healing for everyone. That is why the medical community wages war against it.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could hold onto ANY of the dogs I've had in my lifetime just one more time.
ReplyDeleteI’m with you, hjets. I’ve had border collies, labs, beagles, greyhounds, Great Pyrenees, blue healers, and a variety of just plain mutts. Every last one of them was the best dog they could be, noble beasts each and every one. If I get to Heaven and can have one wish, it would be to have a run and cuddle with every one of my dogs, though they were really never mine. I was only really borrowing them from heaven.
Delete❤️
ReplyDeletesure wish i could speak and understand dog language. i'm sure i've misinterpreted their intent and meaning more than once.
ReplyDelete