And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I'm fond of the 45 style grip model, got big meathooks, that Luger type grip never felt comfy and was always fighting to attain a natural site picture on the quick,, the 45 is much better in those respects.
The finger grooves work fine if your fingers fit - otherwise they are a pain. The 22 pistols are great - only superseded IMHO by the Colt Woodsman predecessors. Ruger 'has' made some fine firearms - after my last I'm taking a hiatus as engineering, manufacturing, and QC were apparently suffering when they put my Gen II Ranch together. I got it working the way I want, but not until I was deeper into amateur gunsmithing than I prefer..
I'm slumming with the Mk lll, plain Jane, 22/45, molded grip version. Not the fancy removable grip version. It's got a bull barrel, I had a gunsmith, slab side it. Looks great, dropped a few ounces. Not picky about ammo and more accurate than me with a sandbag rest, on a good day. I can shoot a bit better with a good red dot, but good enough with irons, so that's how it's configured. Love it, not trading stock.
Very nice grips !
ReplyDeleteAgree
DeleteI'm fond of the 45 style grip model, got big meathooks, that Luger type grip never felt comfy and was always fighting to attain a natural site picture on the quick,, the 45 is much better in those respects.
ReplyDeleteRuger makes some fine guns, has unparalleled warranty & customer service!
ReplyDeleteNorth Carolina boys. Mayodan.
DeleteThe finger grooves work fine if your fingers fit - otherwise they are a pain. The 22 pistols are great - only superseded IMHO by the Colt Woodsman predecessors. Ruger 'has' made some fine firearms - after my last I'm taking a hiatus as engineering, manufacturing, and QC were apparently suffering when they put my Gen II Ranch together. I got it working the way I want, but not until I was deeper into amateur gunsmithing than I prefer..
ReplyDeleteI'm slumming with the Mk lll, plain Jane, 22/45, molded grip version. Not the fancy removable grip version. It's got a bull barrel, I had a gunsmith, slab side it. Looks great, dropped a few ounces. Not picky about ammo and more accurate than me with a sandbag rest, on a good day. I can shoot a bit better with a good red dot, but good enough with irons, so that's how it's configured.
ReplyDeleteLove it, not trading stock.