And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
after moving here, we stopped by the local store and they had them on sale. wanted a color case harden one for 750 I think it was. but the hot water heater started leaking the same day . so the money for the rifle went toward a damn water heater instead. but I really wanted to get a 44 in case harden and blue. never really cared that much for the brass framed rifles.
I have Grandpa's Savage 99 Takedown 30/30 that he custom loaded spitzer ammo for and marked the boxes "99 only". That rifle was built in 1928 and is ready to go hunting right now.
I have the version of the one on the right with the long octagon barrel. Fitted a Marbles tang sight to it and it's considerable more accurate than I expected. Also splurged and bought the upgraded figured walnut stock set for it and it looks really nice now. 5 stars, do like, do recommend.
I just got the color case hardened .45 Colt rifle with the octagon barrel. Because I wanted to.
ReplyDeleteSeveral is a good start. Gotta love Henry's.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Any of these would be a step up from my bolt 22.
ReplyDeleteI have the one in the middle in .44 and it's a good shooter.
ReplyDeleteTake the one with the side loading gate.
ReplyDeleteAl_in_Ottawa
The cool part is that you get both side loading and tube loading.
DeleteYes, that's a big plus, AND it has some nice decorative work on the stock
ReplyDeleteafter moving here, we stopped by the local store and they had them on sale. wanted a color case harden one for 750 I think it was. but the hot water heater started leaking the same day . so the money for the rifle went toward a damn water heater instead. but I really wanted to get a 44 in case harden and blue.
ReplyDeletenever really cared that much for the brass framed rifles.
No thanks, my old 300 Savage can take Spitzer bullets. These tube magazines are not for me. Give me a rotary magazine.
ReplyDeleteI have Grandpa's Savage 99 Takedown 30/30 that he custom loaded spitzer ammo for and marked the boxes "99 only". That rifle was built in 1928 and is ready to go hunting right now.
DeleteYou'll shoot you eye out, kid.
ReplyDeleteI have the version of the one on the right with the long octagon barrel. Fitted a Marbles tang sight to it and it's considerable more accurate than I expected. Also splurged and bought the upgraded figured walnut stock set for it and it looks really nice now. 5 stars, do like, do recommend.
ReplyDeleteAll three, no way around that, throw in their .44 trapper be a great ensemble.
ReplyDelete