And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Friday, August 7, 2026
Interesting use of shipping crates, but in my part of the world they would be ovens in the summer
I too love the chairs. I painted my mothers chairs and glider every other year along with the porch. I bet those Rust-Oleum painted chairs are still being used. Vintage 50's outdoor furniture built to last.
I had two in Texas for storage. However, they were the insulated ones. No problems with hot or cold (we have a lot more hot than cold) I would open them when I got up at 5AM for an hour then close them up. Low at that time was 78. At 3PM I could open them and they would still be at 78 or 79. Never had a mouse or rat problem either.
Had a local start up that was doing container homes. Talked to them very early about getting one for a hunting camp. Then they got govt contracts for "affordable housing" and refused to talk to individual customers. Virtue signaling while living large off the grift.
Seen a couple nice ones on YouBoob - all had the same rationale - make a good plan, dig a nice hole to seat them in, Plasticoat the sides and tops, then cover\back-fill it in with ample soil (one guy did about 1m) and plants to blend them in.
Doing it that way shields it from the weather, but encloses the box - 3 sides without a view. But, one side done with ample modern windows to keep out the UV rads but let the sunlight shine in.
Everything in life seems to be a trade-off of between necessity and nice.
Nice anvil. Big bucks.
ReplyDeleteThat base looks WOEFULLY inadequate for that anvil. Even for display only. But it is a nice looking anvil- 250+/- lbs I bet.
DeleteIt's going to take major insulation to keep those metal shipping crated warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
ReplyDeleteGreat use of space putting the greenhouse on top of the container.
ReplyDeleteLove the metal chairs, grandma had those.
Very nice container garden and I love the little bike.
Very cool
I too love the chairs. I painted my mothers chairs and glider every other year along with the porch. I bet those Rust-Oleum painted chairs are still being used. Vintage 50's outdoor furniture built to last.
DeleteThis is just a dumb trend
ReplyDeleteI had two in Texas for storage. However, they were the insulated ones. No problems with hot or cold (we have a lot more hot than cold) I would open them when I got up at 5AM for an hour then close them up. Low at that time was 78. At 3PM I could open them and they would still be at 78 or 79. Never had a mouse or rat problem either.
ReplyDeleteHad a local start up that was doing container homes. Talked to them very early about getting one for a hunting camp. Then they got govt contracts for "affordable housing" and refused to talk to individual customers. Virtue signaling while living large off the grift.
ReplyDeletethe metal thickness would take enough velocity off of rifle rounds to let them ricochet around inside.
ReplyDeleteSeen a couple nice ones on YouBoob - all had the same rationale - make a good plan, dig a nice hole to seat them in, Plasticoat the sides and tops, then cover\back-fill it in with ample soil (one guy did about 1m) and plants to blend them in.
ReplyDeleteDoing it that way shields it from the weather, but encloses the box - 3 sides without a view. But, one side done with ample modern windows to keep out the UV rads but let the sunlight shine in.
Everything in life seems to be a trade-off of between necessity and nice.