And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Probably has an old warm nice smell. Grew up in a defunct 1689 built colonial road coach inn, went out of business in the late 1800's when the coach road was rerouted die to a bridge that was wrecked almost every spring. Had this great smell from running 8 fireplaces and two wood stoves all that time. Burned to the ground when I was 14. We had just gotten a propane fridge and cook stove, still had the double oven wood cook stove, it survived the fire, except some stuff in the carriage houses, and 3 holer outhouse, we lost everything, the barn caught fire burned down also. Life was never as good as that place was, till I got my own farm, it really was chosen for land and location as good as it gets.
I built a cottage in British Columbia just north of Eureka Montana 30 years ago. I laid yellow pine 2x10 T&G planks for the floor, before they were fully dry so I have the same damn large gaps.
The amount of time I and/or my wife spend vacuuming crud out of those gaps...
I think that we've seen this nice place in the recent past.
ReplyDeletePossibly not so comfortable come winter but very nice all the same.
ReplyDeletemy dear wife would very much like the clutter
ReplyDeleteProbably has an old warm nice smell. Grew up in a defunct 1689 built colonial road coach inn, went out of business in the late 1800's when the coach road was rerouted die to a bridge that was wrecked almost every spring. Had this great smell from running 8 fireplaces and two wood stoves all that time. Burned to the ground when I was 14. We had just gotten a propane fridge and cook stove, still had the double oven wood cook stove, it survived the fire, except some stuff in the carriage houses, and 3 holer outhouse, we lost everything, the barn caught fire burned down also. Life was never as good as that place was, till I got my own farm, it really was chosen for land and location as good as it gets.
ReplyDeleteI built a cottage in British Columbia just north of Eureka Montana 30 years ago. I laid yellow pine 2x10 T&G planks for the floor, before they were fully dry so I have the same damn large gaps.
ReplyDeleteThe amount of time I and/or my wife spend vacuuming crud out of those gaps...
Whoever built that place was just as dumb as me.